Weekend Challenge: Push-Up Planksby Radiant Health
Published: November 17, 2015
Do you want to firm up your arms, tone your tummy and strengthen your legs all from the comfort of your own home? If the answer is yes, this challenge is for you!
The push-up plank (or PUP for short) combines two of the best bodyweight exercises round – the push-up and the plank – into one fantastic whole body exercise. You don’t need any equipment to do this exercise which makes it ideal for squeezing in anytime you need a workout fix but don’t have much time.
Step 1 – kneel down on the floor and place your hands flat on the floor with your fingers pointing forward. Your hands shoulder be approximately shoulder-width apart.
Step 3 – tense your legs, your abs, your chest and shoulders; see how much tension you can generate in these muscles; SQUEEZE!
Step 4 – without holding your breath, hold this position for as long as you can. Yes – shaking like crazy is perfectly normal…
Step 5 – as soon as your arms start to buckle or your hips start to move out of alignment, bend your legs and lower your knees to the floor.
How did you do?
15 seconds or less – good start; the only way is up!
15-30 seconds – great job – keep at it!
30-45 seconds – strong!
60 seconds or more – Wonder Woman!
Never miss a fitness tip! Join our free weekly newsletter and get a bonus 10-day guide to a lean body, clear skin and radiant glow! Download your copy here.
- Kemi DaSilva-Ibru: Caring for Survivors of Sexual Assault - December 21, 2017
- Serena Williams’ Vogue Feature Raises Awareness on Black Women’s Maternal Mortality - January 18, 2018
- The Best and Worst Diets for 2018 - January 11, 2018
- R. Evon Benson-Idahosa: Creating New Paths for Survivors of Sex Trafficking - December 21, 2017
- Nigerian Women Taking to Martial Arts for Self-Defence - January 5, 2018
- Seun Sangoleye: Nourishing Babies, Empowering Mothers with all Natural African-Inspired Baby Food Line - December 21, 2017
- Should You Stop Spending on Calcium Supplements? - December 29, 2017
- Virtue Oboro: Making Cribs that Glow Jaundiced Babies to Health - December 21, 2017
- The Frightening Link between Discrimination and Pregnancy Complications - December 21, 2017
- The 2017 Radiant Women of Action - December 20, 2017