Weekend Challenge: Push-Up Planksby Radiant Health
Published: November 17, 2015
Do you want to firm up your arms, tone your tummy and strengthen your legs all from the comfort of your own home? If the answer is yes, this challenge is for you!
The push-up plank (or PUP for short) combines two of the best bodyweight exercises round – the push-up and the plank – into one fantastic whole body exercise. You don’t need any equipment to do this exercise which makes it ideal for squeezing in anytime you need a workout fix but don’t have much time.
Step 1 – kneel down on the floor and place your hands flat on the floor with your fingers pointing forward. Your hands shoulder be approximately shoulder-width apart.
Step 3 – tense your legs, your abs, your chest and shoulders; see how much tension you can generate in these muscles; SQUEEZE!
Step 4 – without holding your breath, hold this position for as long as you can. Yes – shaking like crazy is perfectly normal…
Step 5 – as soon as your arms start to buckle or your hips start to move out of alignment, bend your legs and lower your knees to the floor.
How did you do?
15 seconds or less – good start; the only way is up!
15-30 seconds – great job – keep at it!
30-45 seconds – strong!
60 seconds or more – Wonder Woman!
Never miss a fitness tip! Join our free weekly newsletter and get a bonus 10-day guide to a lean body, clear skin and radiant glow! Download your copy here.
- Radiant Holiday Gift Guide - November 17, 2017
- Sexual Assault Victims Heal Through Exercise - November 17, 2017
- An Evening Walk Is Better for You Than You Think - November 10, 2017
- Fighting for Good Health at Ground Level (Literally) - November 2, 2017
- Would a Little Cash Make You a Little Healthier? - October 26, 2017
- African Beauty, Edwina Kulego, Launches A 3-color Vegan Lipstick Line And They Are Popping! - October 26, 2017
- 10 Must-Watch African Movies On Netflix - October 26, 2017
- Do Women’s Menstrual Cycles Really Match Up? - October 20, 2017
- Even African Children Are Obese - October 12, 2017
- Strength Training: Can You Build Lean, Sleek Muscles with Yoga? - October 6, 2017