Weekend Challenge: Push-Up Planksby Radiant Health
Published: November 17, 2015
Do you want to firm up your arms, tone your tummy and strengthen your legs all from the comfort of your own home? If the answer is yes, this challenge is for you!
The push-up plank (or PUP for short) combines two of the best bodyweight exercises round – the push-up and the plank – into one fantastic whole body exercise. You don’t need any equipment to do this exercise which makes it ideal for squeezing in anytime you need a workout fix but don’t have much time.
Step 1 – kneel down on the floor and place your hands flat on the floor with your fingers pointing forward. Your hands shoulder be approximately shoulder-width apart.
Step 3 – tense your legs, your abs, your chest and shoulders; see how much tension you can generate in these muscles; SQUEEZE!
Step 4 – without holding your breath, hold this position for as long as you can. Yes – shaking like crazy is perfectly normal…
Step 5 – as soon as your arms start to buckle or your hips start to move out of alignment, bend your legs and lower your knees to the floor.
How did you do?
15 seconds or less – good start; the only way is up!
15-30 seconds – great job – keep at it!
30-45 seconds – strong!
60 seconds or more – Wonder Woman!
Never miss a fitness tip! Join our free weekly newsletter and get a bonus 10-day guide to a lean body, clear skin and radiant glow! Download your copy here.
- Social Networks May Be Good for Your Waistline, New Study Reveals - April 21, 2017
- Weekend Challenge: Banish Under Arm Flab With Chair Dips - July 12, 2014
- This Nigerian Woman’s Haircut Humiliation by Her Boss Should Make Everyone Angry - April 13, 2017
- Nigerian Comedienne Rape Joke Gone Too Far - March 30, 2017
- Mass Meningitis Vaccination Underway in Nigeria. Here’s How to Get Yours - April 6, 2017
- Weekend Challenge: 10-Minute Burpee Pyramid - December 8, 2015
- Weekend Challenge: Push-Up Planks - November 17, 2015
- Should You Still Drink Sprite and Fanta Produced in Nigeria? - March 23, 2017
- Nike’s New Pro Hijab Creates Quite a Stir - March 16, 2017
- Does Your Diet Make You Prone to Breast Cancer? - March 10, 2017