Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrotsby Lohi Ogolo
Published: April 16, 2014
This baked chicken with fresh herbs and root vegetables is a filling yet healthy meal for those weeknights when you need something that is fuss free to cook.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cameroon pepper
- 2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes. cut into 2-inch-long spears
- 2 pounds medium carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch-long spears
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Oil a baking dish with one tablespoon of oil. In a bowl, add the chicken and salt, one tablespoon of oil, ground black pepper and Cameroon pepper.
- Place the marinated chicken in the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until the fat has started to render into the dish.
- In a bowl, place the peeled carrots and potatoes and marinate with olive oil, and fresh rosemary. Place into the same baking dish on top the chicken and keep baking for another 30 minutes.
- Grilled Pineapple With Honey And Dark Chocolate Drizzle - October 24, 2014
- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots - April 16, 2014
- Kale Efo Recipe: When You’re “In The Abroad” and Native Food Calleth - May 20, 2014
- [Recipe] Sweet Potato Waffles - October 21, 2014
- RECIPE: Egg And Plantain Frittatas - June 10, 2014
- Banana-Pineapple-Bitter Leaf Smoothie - August 12, 2014
- Recipe: Moin-Moin With Unpeeled Beans - July 16, 2014
- Fried Quinoa - May 2, 2014
- Beans and Spicy Tomatoes Sauce - April 2, 2014
- Thoughts on #jollofgate Plus Jollof Rice Recipe - November 5, 2014