Popcorn ShrimpBy Abby Soetan
Published: December 16, 2014
A lot of us have those days when we crave something battered and deep-fried. Rather than indulge now and pay the price later at the gym, try this alternative popcorn shrimp recipe. It is light and flavorful without the unnecessary grease and calories.
Serves: 1 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 10 raw tiger shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 egg white
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Oven safe tray
- Combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350F and line oven tray with aluminum foil.
- Set up a station with bowls of (a) shrimp (b) beaten egg whites and (c) breadcrumb mix
- Dip the shrimp one by one in egg white then toss them in the dry mix until they are completely coated
- Place shrimp on oven tray and lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray
- Place in oven for 4 minutes, then flip shrimp on the other side and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm to be eaten alone or with a low-fat dipping sauce
**Knorr cube may be used as an alternative to Cajun; Parmesan cheese can be substituted with your preferred cheese or not used at all; Parsley may also be substituted with other scented leaves e.g. basil**
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.06 with sign up.
- Coconut Chicken Curry - April 29, 2015
- Plantain Amala - January 14, 2015
- Popcorn Shrimp - December 16, 2014
- Coconut Semolina Porridge - April 7, 2015
- Recipe: Twice Baked Sweet Potato - November 25, 2014
- This Seafood Okra Soup And Oatmeal Fufu Is Good For Your Waistline - November 3, 2014
- Heartwarming Catfish Pepper Soup - March 31, 2015
- 9 Swallows For Every Palate - January 12, 2015
- Coconut Granola Bars - April 29, 2015
- Coconut-Pineapple-Spinach Smoothie - April 29, 2015