Weekend Challenge: Split SquatBy Radiant Health
Published: August 28, 2014
Want to firm your backside? Split squats are your solution.
If you want a total lower body move that will not only add shape to your bum but also define your core, split squats are it.
Stand in front of a bench, couch, or chair and place one foot up behind you. Maintaining an upright position over your supportive leg, bend at the knee as you lower yourself down towards the floor. Once the back knee is almost touching, pausing and then press back up to complete the rep.
Once all reps are finished, switch sides and repeat. Perform 2 sets of 15 reps for each leg.
Tip: To really hit the glutes, think of pressing up through the heels rather than the toes.
Never miss a fitness tip! Join our free weekly newsletter and get a bonus 10-day guide to a lean body, clear skin and radiant glow! Download your copy here.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022