Weekend Challenge: Split SquatBy Radiant Health
Published: August 28, 2014
Want to firm your backside? Split squats are your solution.
If you want a total lower body move that will not only add shape to your bum but also define your core, split squats are it.
Stand in front of a bench, couch, or chair and place one foot up behind you. Maintaining an upright position over your supportive leg, bend at the knee as you lower yourself down towards the floor. Once the back knee is almost touching, pausing and then press back up to complete the rep.
Once all reps are finished, switch sides and repeat. Perform 2 sets of 15 reps for each leg.
Tip: To really hit the glutes, think of pressing up through the heels rather than the toes.
Never miss a fitness tip! Join our free weekly newsletter and get a bonus 10-day guide to a lean body, clear skin and radiant glow! Download your copy here.
- Behind the Scenes with Radiant Issue No 12 Cover Girl Ros Gold-Onwude - November 15, 2018
- Think Cold Brew Coffee Is Good for Your Gut? - November 9, 2018
- Bath Time: It’s Not Just for Kids - November 2, 2018
- No Really, It’s Time to Hit the Gym - October 26, 2018
- [Recipe] Guilt-Free Oatmeal Pancake - July 5, 2016
- That Health Pill May Not Be So Healthy - October 19, 2018
- Hug Life: The Importance of Physical Touch - October 12, 2018
- Will We Ever Move Past the Normalisation of Sexual Assault - October 5, 2018
- Esther Ijewere: Breaking the Silence on Gender-Based Violence - December 21, 2017
- Halle Berry’s Top Tip for a Better Sex Life - September 28, 2018