RECIPE: Egg And Plantain FrittatasBy Lohi Ogolo
Published: June 10, 2014
Eggs with a kick of sweet plantains for the perfect morning breakfast or brunch.
- 1 plantain (ripe)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 red/yellow pepper/capsicum (diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 seasoning cube* (optional)
- salt/curry/dry pepper (to taste)
- Slice the plantain and coat it with oil of choice (coconut oil is mine). Place in an oven safe bowl and bake for 20 minutes turning over once.
- While the plantains are baking, chop the onions, tomatoes and red and yellow pepper and set aside. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the diced onions, peppers, tomatoes and onions and stir till evenly mixed.
- Add the seasoning cube, salt, curry and pepper and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside. Once the plantain is cooked, dice them into small pieces and mix with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degree Celsius (662 Fahrenheit) or until the egg is fully cooked through.
*Seasoning cubes are high in sodium. Reducing its intake, or eliminating it from the diet, may help improve your health. Read our seasoning cube feature here.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Grilled Pineapple With Honey And Dark Chocolate Drizzle - October 24, 2014
- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots - April 16, 2014
- Kale Efo Recipe: When You’re “In The Abroad” and Native Food Calleth - May 20, 2014
- [Recipe] Sweet Potato Waffles - October 21, 2014
- RECIPE: Egg And Plantain Frittatas - June 10, 2014
- Banana-Pineapple-Bitter Leaf Smoothie - August 12, 2014
- Recipe: Moin-Moin With Unpeeled Beans - July 16, 2014
- Fried Quinoa - May 2, 2014
- Beans and Spicy Tomatoes Sauce - April 2, 2014
- Thoughts on #jollofgate Plus Jollof Rice Recipe - November 5, 2014