Experts Recommend Anxiety Screenings for KidsBy Radiant Health
Published: April 24, 2022
A group of leaders in the mental health field has a new recommendation for pediatricians. The panel would like to see all children age eight and older be screened regularly for anxiety at the doctor’s office. Screenings are done with a standardized questionnaire. Kids 12 and older are already being screened for depression at their check-ups. Experts agree that it is important to diagnose mental health illnesses early, when they are easiest to treat. Last year, the American Academy of Pediatrics declared a national emergency concerning children’s mental health.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022