Popular At-Home Rapid Covid Test Accurately Detects Omicron VariantBy Radiant Health
Published: January 16, 2022
Health professionals and government officials have recently raised concerns about the accuracy of rapid antigen tests, especially in regards to testing for the omicron variant. However, according to data collected from a real-world study of 700 people who visited a walk-up testing site in San Francisco, one of the most commonly used at-home tests, the Abbott BinaxNOW, is very accurate. The preliminary findings were that the BinaxNOW test accurately caught 98% of the individuals with high viral loads and symptoms and 90% of those without symptoms.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Pfizer’s Antiviral Pill is Very Effective - May 15, 2022
- Spain Considers Three Days Off for Menstrual Pain - May 15, 2022
- Moderna Requests Approval for its Children’s Vaccine - May 15, 2022
- Routine Colonoscopies Should Start at Age 45 - May 15, 2022
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs May Do More Harm Than Good - May 15, 2022
- Some People Die from a Happy Heart - May 8, 2022
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Can Cause Serious Blood Clots - May 8, 2022
- Omicron Variants Spreading Quickly - May 8, 2022
- Roe V. Wade Will Likely Be Overturned - May 8, 2022
- Menthol Cigarette Ban Will Benefit the Black Community - April 30, 2022