Popular At-Home Rapid Covid Test Accurately Detects Omicron VariantBy Radiant Health
Published: January 16, 2022
Special Note: All residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Complete your order form at www.special.usps.com/testkits.
Health professionals and government officials have recently raised concerns about the accuracy of rapid antigen tests, especially in regards to testing for the omicron variant. However, according to data collected from a real-world study of 700 people who visited a walk-up testing site in San Francisco, one of the most commonly used at-home tests, the Abbott BinaxNOW, is very accurate. The preliminary findings were that the BinaxNOW test accurately caught 98% of the individuals with high viral loads and symptoms and 90% of those without symptoms.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022