The FDA Expands Covid-19 Vaccine Booster Dose for All AdultsBy Radiant Health
Published: November 21, 2021
The FDA endorsed a single booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccine for all Americans over the age of 18, and the CDC agreed with the agency’s decision. Breakthrough infections are occurring in vaccinated people of all ages, but the elderly and those that received the vaccine in early spring are being hospitalized at higher rates. Both Pfizer and Moderna have demonstrated that their vaccines’ effectiveness wanes after six months, while Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine loses efficacy much faster. Boosters should decrease the spread of the virus, especially during the busy holiday season, and prevent severe cases.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022