[Recipe] Sweet Potato WafflesBy Lohi Ogolo
Published: October 21, 2014
Rich in fiber, vitamins and anti-oxidants, Sweet Potato Waffles are nutritious, delicious and easy to prepare. Follow this recipe and start your day healthy with a perfect breakfast treat for you and the entire family.
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 small potato
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (sub with coconut flour for healthy alternative)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- In a clean pot, peel and boil the sweet potato until very tender when pierced with a fork.
- In a blender, add the rest of the ingredients and puree until properly combined.
- Add the sweet potato and mix for 5 seconds to blend into the mixture.
- Heat a waffle iron until it is ready for use.*
- Place half cup of the mixture into the waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron instructions.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey and fresh fruits.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.06 with sign up.
- Grilled Pineapple With Honey And Dark Chocolate Drizzle - October 24, 2014
- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots - April 16, 2014
- Kale Efo Recipe: When You’re “In The Abroad” and Native Food Calleth - May 20, 2014
- [Recipe] Sweet Potato Waffles - October 21, 2014
- RECIPE: Egg And Plantain Frittatas - June 10, 2014
- Banana-Pineapple-Bitter Leaf Smoothie - August 12, 2014
- Recipe: Moin-Moin With Unpeeled Beans - July 16, 2014
- Fried Quinoa - May 2, 2014
- Beans and Spicy Tomatoes Sauce - April 2, 2014
- Thoughts on #jollofgate Plus Jollof Rice Recipe - November 5, 2014