5 Reasons Being Alone Is GoodBy Riyachat Haruna
Published: November 17, 2017
Tis the season to fly solo! The holiday season is full of blessings and wonderful traditions; however, it can also be a very triggering time of year for us single ladies. Instead of dreading singledom this holiday season, why not embrace it? Most articles I’ve come across on embracing your singleness shed more or all light on the act of abstaining but is that what it really is about? If you’re reading up to this point then I have gotten your attention and I’m about to enlighten you on a whole different view on being single.
We are familiar with the saying, “no man is an island“, well that statement is certainly true but that “no man is an island” doesn’t mean it can’t be a little tropical island from time to time. Here are 5 reasons to enjoy your single status.
- When you’re single you call the shot for yourself; in other words being single gives you the freedom to do whatever you want without having to worry or consider the emotions of a second party (not to sound selfish). I don’t know about you but being free and in charge has a positive mental effect.
- You get the chance to be your own friend, you have time to know yourself more in terms of who you are, what you like and don’t like, etc.
- You have more time to broaden your knowledge beyond what you’ve been taught or told all your life, in layman’s terms: increase your productivity.
- You have more “me” time. Even those in relationships, personal time is very essential for both partners and the relationship as a whole. As women, we should be able to channel our downtime into productive activities for our mental and physical health. For instance, I enjoy spa treatments, however I don’t necessarily have to go to a spa everyday so instead I create various beauty regime for myself using both store bought products and DIY mixes.
- As humans we are naturally social beings, so being single get the chance to mix and mingle with various individuals. There are over a billion people in the world, which means a lot of people to see and get to know. This not only boosts your social life but it also allows you to explore and learn different cultures, characters and behaviors.
So in the end when you think of it, being single for holidays is just another season for self-exploration. I enjoy being single, I believe it’s actually one of the best moments to live and love life.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.06 with sign up.