White Chocolate Bark with Okra, Raspberries, and PapayaBy Radiant Health | Recipe & Photography by Gabriela Iancu
Published: November 21, 2021
This white chocolate bark is quick and easy to make, and has the perfect melt-in-your mouth texture. Smooth and chewy, with the fragrant flavor of okra and pops of sweetness from raspberries and papaya, this may be the perfect little homemade gift for the upcoming holiday season.
- 20 ounces of 35 percent white chocolate enhanced with vanilla, tempered
- 1/2 cup dried okra slices
- 1/2 cup dried raspberries
- 3/4 cup candied papaya cubes
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour tempered white chocolate (instructions below) onto prepared baking sheet. Using an offset spatula, quickly spread the white chocolate into a thin, even layer.
- Immediately sprinkle on the okra, flax seeds, crushed raspberries, and papaya cubes evenly over the white chocolate. Gently press toppings into the chocolate. Let the bark set completely.
- You can cut the bark into strips or squares, or break it apart into small or medium-sized pieces. Store white chocolate bark in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 2 weeks.
Dried fruits or vegetables like the ones used in this recipe can be found at specialty stores or online. Alternatively, you can dry fruits and vegetables in the oven, with no need for a dehydrator. Just set the oven to 200° F and spread the fruit in an even layer on a baking sheet. Depending on the type of fruit and how thin it is sliced, the drying process can take anywhere from 1 to 8 hours.
Tempering White Chocolate
- Place 80 percent of the white chocolate in a double boiler and reserve the rest for later. Stir occasionally until approximately two-thirds of the chocolate has melted.
- Remove the pan from its pot, wipe off any excess water from the bottom of the pan, and add in the remaining chocolate. As it is stirred in, the unmelted chocolate will cool the melted chocolate to the proper temperature.
This recipe was first published in the print issue of Radiant No. 12, The Womanhood Issue.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022