Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful ChemicalsBy Radiant Health
Published: July 9, 2022
A new study published in the journal Environmental Science & Technology has found that several dangerous cancer-causing chemicals are present in natural gas. Researchers at Harvard collected natural gas from over 200 homes in the Boston area and discovered benzene in 95% of the samples. Benzene is a chemical found in gasoline and tobacco smoke. It is dangerous to humans and long-term exposure increases the risk of leukemia and various blood disorders. It has long been acknowledged that burning natural gas is bad for the climate, but more evidence is building that it has repercussions for public health.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022