Water: Key To Good HealthBy Orjiugo Oguguo
Published: March 30, 2014
Water makes up 50 – 75% of the human body. When adequately hydrated, you feel clear and focused. Water detoxifies the body and balances acidity which keeps your immunity up and results in better prevention of disease and illness. Here are 4 other reasons to get some H2O.
- Keeps you from thinking you are hungry – Believe it or not, thirst or dehydration can feel like hunger. Stay away from unnecessary indulgence in junk foods and easy-reach high sugar snacks by staying hydrated.
- Keeps the body working – Hydration is a critical component in digestion, nutrient transportation and absorption, blood circulation, creation of saliva, and maintenance of body temperature, to name a few. When you are dehydrated your bodily functions you need to get through the day are depleted. Deny your body of proper hydration and you will be cutting its effectiveness.
- Energizes you and aids with recovery – Dehydration can lead to muscle fatigue and can stop your muscles from recovering after your strength training workout. If you don’t recover well, you don’t perform well and your results are slowed down.
- Keeps you looking great –Staying hydrated means your skin stays hydrated, less wrinkly and more youthful. So, drink up!
5 Simple Tips To Keep You Hydrated
1. Add a lemon or (my personal favorite – orange) slice to your water to give it some flavor
2. Drink water during and after your workout
3. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
4. Eat foods that have high water content like fruits and vegetables
5. Keep a bottle of water handy
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Sculpt Your Arms: Push Ups For Every Level - July 2, 2014
- Walk The Weight Off - April 2, 2014
- 5 Reasons To Improve Your Flexibility (#4 might be the best!) - June 10, 2014
- HIIT A Leaner Body In Just 15 minutes A Day! - April 30, 2014
- Bye-Bye Belly Fat - May 28, 2014
- Water: Key To Good Health - March 30, 2014
- 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Sleep And How To Get More Of It - March 31, 2014
- Should I Add Strength Training To My Workouts? - April 2, 2014