Weekend Challenge: Ten Of The BestBy Radiant Health
Published: March 25, 2016
When it comes to getting in shape and burning fat fast, circuit training is hard to beat. For this workout, move quickly from one exercise to the next to keep your heart rate up. Do each exercise for 60-seconds to deliver a tremendous 10-minute workout. Don’t worry if you can’t do all the exercises for the full minute; just do as many repetitions as you can, and then rest until it’s time to move to the next exercise.
1. Lunges – stand with your feet together and your hands by your sides. Take a large step forward and then bend your legs to lower your rear knee to within an inch of the floor. Stand back up and repeat on the opposite leg. Continue alternating legs until your minute is up.
2. Flutter kicks – lie on your back with your legs straight and your hands under your butt, palms flat on the floor. Lift your head and feet a few inches off the floor. Kick your legs as though you were swimming while pushing your lower back into the floor.
3. Jumping jacks – standing with your feet together and hands by your sides, jump your feet out wide and raise your arms to shoulder-height. Jump your feet back in and lower your arms. Stay on the balls of your feet and keep your knees slightly bent throughout.
4. Chair dips – sit on a sturdy chair with your hands on either side of your hips, fingers pointing straight forward. Lift your butt up and off the chair. With your feet flat on the floor, bend your arms and lower your butt toward the floor – until your elbows are bent to 90-degrees. Push back up and repeat. The further forward you place your feet, the harder this exercise becomes.
5. Dorsal raises – lie on your front with your legs straight and hands clasped behind your back. Keeping your toes on the floor, lift your head, chest, and shoulders off the floor and then lie back down again. Keep going until the time has elapsed.
6. Paused squats – with your feet shoulder-width apart, push your hips back and bend your knees. Descend until your thighs are roughly parallel to the floor. Hold this bottom position for a slow count of two. Stand back up and repeat.
7. Knees to elbows – lie on your back with your legs straight and your hands resting lightly on your temples. Sit up and simultaneously bend and raise your legs. Touch your elbows to your bent knees. Lie back down and repeat.
8. Hip thrusters – lie on your back and bend your legs so your feet are flat on the floor. Push your hips up toward the ceiling until your knees, hips, and shoulders and in a straight line. Lower your butt back to the floor and repeat.
9. Press-ups – bend down and place your hands on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Walk your feet back so your body is straight. Without letting your hips sag or lowering your head, bend your arms and lower your chest to within an inch/3 centimetres of the floor. Push back up and repeat. If full press-ups are too much for you right now, bend your legs and rest your knees on the floor to do ¾ press-ups.
10. Shadow boxing – adopt an athletic stance with one foot in front of the other, your knees slightly bent, and your hands up close to your face in a defensive posture. Punch out with your left and then your right hand while moving your feet. Imagine you are trying to out-maneuver an opponent. Throw a mixture of punches to the head and the body of your imaginary opponent.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022