Weekend Challenge: Sprint-Walk IntervalsBy Radiant Health
Published: March 12, 2016
Interval training is one of the best ways to get fit and burn fat. You can do interval training in lots of different ways but no-frills walking and sprinting is one of the most accessible. All you need is some space and some flat ground.
Make sure you warm up with some light jogging and stretching before you try this workout; spend extra time preparing your legs as they’ll be working hard.
There are no variations in this workout for beginners or advanced exercisers; just go as fast and as far you can during the sprints. If you are very fit, you’ll be able to run more quickly whereas less fit people will not be able to go as fast or as far.
If you are looking for a longer, tougher workout, simply repeat the workout but in reverse after you have completed interval six.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive weekly updates, health and fitness tips, plus our free eBook guide to get you started on achieving a leaner body, clearer skin and and healthy glow in just 10 days. It’s all free. Sign up here.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): A Simple Guide & Resources to Staying Safe - March 13, 2020
- BBC Documentary: Sex For Grades Rampant At African Universities - August 25, 2020
- Strength Training- Why It Is Important For Fitness And Weight Loss - September 22, 2015
- Super Foods You Need To Know About - April 28, 2014
- Fixing Your Fashion Brain Freeze: The Solution To The “I Don’t Have Anything To Wear” Conundrum - August 30, 2016
- Weekend Challenge: Superman With A Twist - November 13, 2014
- Weekend Challenge: Spiderman Plank - July 25, 2014
- Behind the Scenes with Radiant Issue No 13 Cover Girl, Actress Annie Ilonzeh - July 31, 2019
- What Crazy Can Do - July 31, 2019
- Behind the Scenes with Radiant Issue No 12 Cover Girl Ros Gold-Onwude - November 15, 2018