Weekend Challenge: Sprint-Walk IntervalsBy Radiant Health
Published: March 12, 2016
Interval training is one of the best ways to get fit and burn fat. You can do interval training in lots of different ways but no-frills walking and sprinting is one of the most accessible. All you need is some space and some flat ground.
Make sure you warm up with some light jogging and stretching before you try this workout; spend extra time preparing your legs as they’ll be working hard.
There are no variations in this workout for beginners or advanced exercisers; just go as fast and as far you can during the sprints. If you are very fit, you’ll be able to run more quickly whereas less fit people will not be able to go as fast or as far.
If you are looking for a longer, tougher workout, simply repeat the workout but in reverse after you have completed interval six.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive weekly updates, health and fitness tips, plus our free eBook guide to get you started on achieving a leaner body, clearer skin and and healthy glow in just 10 days. It’s all free. Sign up here.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022