Workout Video: Full Body CircuitBy Radiant Health
Published: September 30, 2015
Circuit training is nothing new; in fact, it’s been around since the 1950s when it was devised to be an efficient way to get a cardio workout at the same time as developing muscular endurance. Fast forward nearly 70 years and circuit training is still going strong – more than can be said for many fitness fads! This workout is short and sharp and gets a lot done in a minimum of time.
Go through the following five exercise circuit as fast as you can and as many times as you can in ten minutes. Those of you that are very fit may be able to do this non-stop. Those who are less fit may need a break between exercises. Either way, try and do as many laps as you can in the allotted ten minutes!
- Pulsing squats 10 reps
- Half-turn squat jumps 10 reps
- High knee sprints 20 reps per leg
- Alternating V-ups 5 reps per leg
- Burpees 5 reps
MORE: Need to shape up? Don’t miss our next round of the 30-Day Radiant Body Reboot. Join the waiting list NOW.
- Pulsing squats (10 reps)
With your feet shoulder-width apart, squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Come up halfway and then go all the way back down again. Stand up straight – that’s one rep.
- Half-turn squat jumps (10 reps)
Descend into a quarter-depth squat, jump up and into the air and turn through 180-degrees. Land on slightly bent knees and repeat but turn back the opposite way. Make your landings soft.
- High knee sprints (20 reps)
With your elbows tucked into your sides and your arms bent so your forearms are parallel to the floor, run on the spot and bring your knees up to your hands. Each time your left knee touches your left hand is one rep.
- Alternating V-ups (5 reps)
Lie on your back with your legs straight and arms above your head. Sit up and simultaneously lift one leg – reach up and touch your foot. Lie back down and then repeat on the other side. Make this exercise a little easier by bending your leg and touching your elbow to your knees instead.
- Burpees (5 reps)
Stand with your feet together and your hands by your sides. Squat down and place your hands flat on the floor. Jump your feet out and back into the push-up position. Do a single push-up. Jump your feet back in and then leap up and into the air. Land on slightly bent knees and repeat. For a less demanding workout, omit the push-up and/or the jump.
Need to shape up? Don’t miss our next round of the 30-Day Radiant Body Reboot. Join the waiting list NOW.
- 99% of Store Bought Chicken has White Stripping Disease - September 26, 2021
- Pfizer Says Its Covid-19 Vaccines for Kids is Safe and Effective - September 26, 2021
- FDA Authorizes Covid-19 Vaccine Booster For Older and At Risk Adults - September 26, 2021
- More Black Americans are Overdosing on Opioids - September 19, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccines for Kids on the Horizon - September 19, 2021
- Experts Disagree on Covid-19 Vaccine Booster Shots - September 19, 2021
- Diabetes Diagnosed Earlier in Minorities - September 19, 2021
- Should you double up on masks for extra protection? Plus how best to wear your mask - July 16, 2021
- Breathing Wildfire Air Can Impact Sperm and Brain - September 10, 2021
- Researchers Confirm that Masks Work - September 10, 2021