Aromatherapy Essential Oil Room Spray Sold at Walmart Linked to Two DeathsBy Radiant Health
Published: October 31, 2021
The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Walmart issued a recall on “Better Homes & Gardens Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones.” A CDC investigation found a bottle of the spray contaminated with Burkholderia pseudomallei which causes melioidosis, a rare bacterial infection that is difficult to diagnose and can be fatal. The spray has been linked to four cases of melioidosis resulting in two deaths, including that of a child. The four cases were from Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota and Texas.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Pfizer’s Antiviral Pill is Very Effective - May 15, 2022
- Spain Considers Three Days Off for Menstrual Pain - May 15, 2022
- Moderna Requests Approval for its Children’s Vaccine - May 15, 2022
- Routine Colonoscopies Should Start at Age 45 - May 15, 2022
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs May Do More Harm Than Good - May 15, 2022
- Some People Die from a Happy Heart - May 8, 2022
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Can Cause Serious Blood Clots - May 8, 2022
- Omicron Variants Spreading Quickly - May 8, 2022
- Roe V. Wade Will Likely Be Overturned - May 8, 2022
- Menthol Cigarette Ban Will Benefit the Black Community - April 30, 2022