Epidemiologists Warn of Covid-19 Winter SurgeBy Radiant Health
Published: November 21, 2021
The United States’ Covid-19 case numbers declined in September and October, but in the last two weeks the tide has turned. The Midwest and the Northeast appear to be driving up the numbers, and the average daily case count for the entire country is over 83,000. States with high vaccination rates like Vermont and Minnesota are still struggling with outbreaks. Although most epidemiologists agree that this year’s winter surge will not lead to the same number of deaths and hospitalizations as last year’s, staff shortages at many hospitals could affect patients’ outcomes.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022