Omicron, A New Coronavirus Variant, Fuels Concerns WorldwideBy Radiant Health
Published: November 28, 2021
A new variant of the coronavirus named omicron has been identified. Although little is known at this point, medical professionals fear that the new variant, which was discovered in southern Africa, is highly transmissible and reinfects individuals at high rates. In response to the news, President Biden and leaders from the European Union, Canada, Japan, and Russia announced travel restrictions from visitors in that region of the world. Thus far, zero cases of the omicron variant have been reported in the United States.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022