Pig Heart Transplant Recipient DiesBy Radiant Health
Published: March 13, 2022
David Bennett, the 57-year-old man that received the first ever genetically modified pig heart transplant, passed away last week. Bennett was bedridden and on life support, and because he was terminally ill, he was granted permission to take part in the medical experiment. Bennett lived with the transplanted organ for two months. Medical professionals are desperate to solve the organ scarcity problem, and many remain hopeful that genetically modified pig organs are the solution.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022