The Perfect Body: Myths, Lies And TruthsBy Radiant Health
Published: July 28, 2015
My stomach is too big. My bum is too small. My christian mother arms won’t stop jiggling. I’m too fat. I’m too slim. The list goes on …
It seems we are never satisfied with our bodies and always on the quest for the next big thing (waist trainers, anyone?) that promises to deliver the ever elusive perfect body.
Thanks to social media, we now know it’s possible (yes, possible) for everyday people like us to look perfect. After all, we see all our friends’ social media posts with their perfect bodies always on point. And so we press on, with even greater determination to get the body of our dreams.
But are we chasing the wrong body? Or maybe we’re chasing the right one for the wrong reasons. Is there another way to make peace with your body while nourishing and molding it to be as strong and healthy as can be?
By far the number one question we get from our readers relates to this quest for our dream body so we know this is one topic you’re dying to talk about.
Wait no more! We’re having a live girls chat on the myths, lies and truths of the perfect body this Thursday, July 30th at 5:15pm GMT (Nigeria Time)/12:15pm EST and you are invited!
Joining us in this exciting girls chat is an impressive group of African women panelists — Toolz, radio presenter on The Beat 99.9FM; health coach, Leslie Okoye; registered dietician and Radiant Health’s nutrition contributor, Cordialis Msoro-Kasago; TV presenter, Makosi Musambasi; and our very own Radiant Health Magazine founder and editor-in-chief, Nnenna Kalu Makanjuola.
We’ve made it easy for you join us. Simply log into your twitter account (of course follow us @RadianthealthNG, if you’re not already), open another web browser and log on to www.tweetchat.com, type in #perfectbodychat and you are in the room! We’ve also included a handy dandy poster for you below, just in case you’re all about the visuals.
We’re excited and can’t wait to chat with you live this Thursday, July 30th 5:15pm GMT (Nigeria Time)/12:15pm EST. Save the date because you won’t want to miss it!
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022