A Successful Kidney Transplant from Pig To HumanBy Radiant Health
Published: October 24, 2021
History was made in September when surgeons at NYU Langone Health successfully transplanted a kidney grown in a genetically altered pig to a human patient. The organ was given to a patient who is brain-dead and being kept alive on a ventilator. The breakthrough procedure could potentially help the more than 90,000 people in the U.S. who are currently waiting for a kidney.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Some Americans Will Have Medical Debt Wiped From Credit - July 9, 2022
- Natural Gas Used to Heat Homes Contains Some Harmful Chemicals - July 9, 2022
- Uterine Cancer Claims Many Black Lives - July 9, 2022
- Babies and Toddlers Get COVID-19 Shots - June 27, 2022
- FDA Bans Juul’s E-Cigarettes and Cartridges - June 27, 2022
- Polio Virus Found in London Sewage - June 27, 2022
- 200 Million Americans Are Drinking Contaminated Water - June 19, 2022
- Young Kids Can Finally Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - June 19, 2022
- New Regulations for Baby Sleep Products - June 19, 2022
- FDA Approves First Drug for Alopecia Hair Loss - June 19, 2022