Onions Tainted With Salmonella: CDC Says to Throw Out All Onions From This RegionBy Radiant Health
Published: October 24, 2021
Health News Briefs
Over 600 Americans suddenly became ill and 129 people were taken to the hospital after eating onions tainted with salmonella imported from Chihuahua, Mexico. Salmonella typically causes symptoms like diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps, and they show up 1 to six days after ingesting the food. The CDC warns that all households with fresh whole red, white, or yellow onions should check the packaging or stickers to see if they come from this region of Mexico and to throw away all unlabelled onions at home. The onions were imported in August, but they can last in storage for up to three months.
Like what you're reading? Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a post! Plus get a FREE digital version of our Issue No.10 with sign up.
- Kool-Aid And Other Sweet Drinks Recalled for Glass and Metal Pieces - November 28, 2021
- Covid-19 Cases in Children Spike Dramatically - November 28, 2021
- Omicron, A New Coronavirus Variant, Fuels Concerns Worldwide - November 28, 2021
- Major Pharmacies in Ohio to Pay for Opioid Crisis - November 28, 2021
- White Chocolate Bark with Okra, Raspberries, and Papaya - November 21, 2021
- The FDA Expands Covid-19 Vaccine Booster Dose for All Adults - November 21, 2021
- U.S. Drug Overdoses Rose Sharply Last Year - November 21, 2021
- Epidemiologists Warn of Covid-19 Winter Surge - November 21, 2021
- Pfizer’s Antiviral Pill Will Be Sold to Dozens of Poor Nations at a Discount - November 21, 2021
- Breathwork: How To Reduce Stress With Breathing Exercises - November 13, 2021