Be My Valentine Leg WorkoutBy Radiant Health
Published: February 2, 2016
Whether you play sports or just want to look good in a dress, fit, toned legs are a must. Strong legs make almost every daily activity a little easier including walking up a flight stairs, rising out of a low chair and lifting heavy objects off the floor. Making these activities easier will mean that you have more energy at the end of the day for the things you really want to do.
Work your way through the following list of exercises moving quickly from one to the next. Once you have completed the final exercise, calf raises, rest for the prescribed time and repeat.
Hip bridges – lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Rest your arms on the floor by your sides. Push down through your feet and lift your hips up to the ceiling. Lower your butt back down to lightly touch the floor and repeat.
Reverse lunges – with your feet together and your hands by your sides, take a large step backward and bend your legs; lower your rearmost knee to within an inch of the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
Pause squats – stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands clasped under your chin. Push your hips back, bend your legs and squat down until your knees are bent to around 90-degrees. Hold this position for a slow count of two and then stand up. Try not to round your back at the bottom of the squat.
Calf raises – with your feet together, rise up onto your tip toes and then lower your heels back to the floor. Keep your legs and especially your butt tensed throughout. Stand next to a wall for balance if necessary.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive weekly updates, health and fitness tips, plus our free eBook guide to get you started on achieving a leaner body, clearer skin and and healthy glow in just 10 days. It’s all free. Sign up here.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): A Simple Guide & Resources to Staying Safe - March 13, 2020
- Strength Training- Why It Is Important For Fitness And Weight Loss - September 22, 2015
- Super Foods You Need To Know About - April 28, 2014
- Fixing Your Fashion Brain Freeze: The Solution To The “I Don’t Have Anything To Wear” Conundrum - August 30, 2016
- Weekend Challenge: Superman With A Twist - November 13, 2014
- Weekend Challenge: Spiderman Plank - July 25, 2014
- Behind the Scenes with Radiant Issue No 13 Cover Girl, Actress Annie Ilonzeh - July 31, 2019
- What Crazy Can Do - July 31, 2019
- Behind the Scenes with Radiant Issue No 12 Cover Girl Ros Gold-Onwude - November 15, 2018
- Think Cold Brew Coffee Is Good for Your Gut? - November 9, 2018